Because we aren’t all lucky enough to have the perfect smile, it is really important to maintain a regular dental appointment schedule in order to ensure that your smile is not only healthy, but also visually pleasing. After all, a nice smile is worth showing off, so what happens when your smile is flawed? Try veneers.
Porcelain veneers are fabricated from a solid piece of porcelain. They fit over the front and underside of your tooth covering the entire surface of visible tooth. Veneers can be fitted to lengthen or widen teeth to close gaps or fill in chips. But are veneers obvious? Veneers can enhance the color and or shape of your tooth or teeth and are capable of providing a natural tooth appearance. Outside of the cosmetic benefits, veneers do the following:
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape-veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to bonding
- Modern porcelain veneers tend to last many years, are easy to care for, provide a very natural appearance, and offer a stronger alternative to other cosmetic options.
Veneers won’t erase any preexisting issues, so an exam is needed to determine if you are a good candidate for veneers. This is why it is important to keep up with your dental checkups. If you are unhappy with your smile and would like more information on porcelain veneers make an appointment today for more information.
If you’re interested in learning more about veneers, contact Dr. Larry Lieberman, DDS at 727-785-8017 to schedule a consultation today. Or visit www.dentist-lieberman.com for additional information.
Dr. Larry Lieberman proudly accepts patients from Palm Harbor and all surrounding areas.