A “bad bite” occurs when your teeth are misaligned, which causes the jaw muscles to apply extra pressure in order to compensate for the poor alignment of your teeth. This increased stress on the surface of the teeth leads to cracks and chips, and jaw pains.
When the muscle strain extends to the temporomandibular joint, located where the upper and lower jaws meet, individuals will suffer from temporomandibular disorder or TMJ.
Dr. Lieberman highly encourages patients to schedule an appointment is they experience the following symptoms that are indicators of TMJ:
- Pain in multiple teeth or the jaw joint
- Limited jaw movement
- Cracked, chipped or broken dental restorations
- Headache—especially when opening and closing your jaw
- Ear pain—in front of or below the ear, with no other signs of ear infection
- Noises “in your head” — grinding, crunching, or popping sounds
If you are experience any of the listed symptoms, it is essential to consult Dr. Lieberman about treatment options to diminish your tooth, jaw, and head aches caused by TMJ. For a reliable professional near you, call Dr. Lieberman today.
For more information about TMJ and different treatment options call Dr. Lieberman on North Palm Harbor, FL at 727-785-8017 or visit www.dentist-lieberman.com.
Dr. Lieberman proudly accepts patients from Palm Harbor, Clearwater, Oldsmar, Tarpon Springs, Tampa, Eastlake, and surrounding areas.